A laundry room does not have to be a dull, boring place where you only go to throw your dirty socks and clothes. Don’t need to be afraid of decorating the laundry room. Consider making it a comfortable, cool and quirky place that is at the same time, highly functional.
Laundry Decorating Quick Tips:
- If the laundry space is too small, it helps to make it look larger – consider vertical storage space with a narrow cabinet or stacking the dryer on top of the washer (assuming the washing machine has front-loading).
- Consider using space behind the door for storage. There are ‘over-the-door’ racks where you can hang your clothes, gloves or detergent. Some even use shoe organizers over the door.
- Keep things clean and organised. A cluttered laundry makes it more difficult to sort clothes and this makes laundry work more time consuming, so invest in storage where necessary.
- When it comes to colour schemes, it is recommended to use lighter colours for the walls. It helps with enhancing natural light and seeing what you’re doing in the laundry better.
- For better space management, consider pulling out a hamper or a narrow sliding cart between gaps like the washer and dryer, or underneath the washer and dryer.
- Splashback and floor tiles do an effective job in creating a cool environment and are durable when things get a little wet and messy in the laundry.
- When it comes to lighting – make sure you have at least one window in the laundry for natural lighting. If you don’t have a window – you should consider installing under cabinet lighting. Majority of modern homes built today do have a sliding door outside access.
Get some Nifty Laundry Decor Ideas for your Home below:
Aussie Living Homes loves building new homes and implementing fantastic interior design. They have a large range of home designs to choose from, with different laundry layouts to suit. View their home design range here.
Featured Image: Etsy