Looking to Build? See Which Perth Suburb May Suit You
Are you looking to build but can’t quite decide which suburb will suit you? We help narrow down the choices with these top 3 lifestyle locations – Coastal, Semi-Rural and Established.
- Alkimos – A coastal suburb 42km north-northwest of Perth, with direct beach access. There is a future coastal village centre in the works with a four-hectare Waterfront Park close to completion. There is a shopping precinct and a new shopping centre including a Woolworths that recently opened. As a popular tourist destination, Alkimos offers beach side accommodation and stunning views year round.
- Yanchep – An outer coastal suburb, 56km north of Perth. Home to Yanchep National Park and the abandoned Altantis Marine Park. It is a semi-rural suburb with beach access, with plenty of western grey Kangaroos that can be seen early and late in the day.
- Golden Bay – An outer southern coastal suburb, located within the City of Rockingham. It is right next to Secret Harbour, and here in Golden Bay you will find a friendly, coastal lifestyle with beautiful parks and a new school at your doorstep.
- Baldivis – A semi-rural suburb 46km south of Perth and 11km southeast of Rockingham. There are many housing estates in the area, with the western half of Baldivis composed of occasional wetlands, as well as many trees, landscaped parks and country air. Also close to the vibrant Baldivis town centre.
- Caversham – A scenic semi-rural suburb located in the City of Swan, approximately a 40 minute drive from Perth. The suburb contains many wineries and the renowned Caversham Wildlife Park, where you can get up close and personal with some tamed kangaroos (as well as see wild kangaroos out and about in the area). Sitting on the doorstep of the picturesque Swan Valley, there are many wineries, country gardens, microbreweries, local food, farmers markets and more in the region and surrounding areas.
- Byford – A south-eastern suburb only 33km from Perth CBD and 15 minutes from the Kwinana Freeway. Situated at the base of the Darling Scarp, Byford offers the perfect balance of a tranquil lifestyle while still being close to the Byford Town Centre, schools, shopping centres, transport and medical services.
- Banksia Grove – A convenient suburb close to Joondalup centre and Wanneroo Road, located 30km north of Perth. Everything you need here is close by, such as Banksia Grove schools, a shopping village, Carramar Golf Course, Edith Cowan University Joondalup Campus, Arena Joondalup Sports and Leisure Centre, Lakeside Joondalup Shops, Mindarie Boat Harbour, Burns Beach, easy access to the Freeway and Currambine Train Station.
- Piara Waters – A southeastern suburb in the City of Armadale, located 20km from Perth. It is in close proximity to Cockburn Central Train Station, Cockburn Gateways Shopping Centre, Kwinana Freeway and Tonkin Highway. In the area are quality landscaped parklands which adjoin to the Piara Nature Reserve.
- Ellenbrook – A master planned northeastern suburb, 21km from Perth, Ellenbrook is on the doorstep of the picturesque premier wine region, Swan Valley. Despite its isolation from neighbouring suburbs, Ellenbrook is a self-sufficient community. The town centre has plenty of shopping, sport and urban amenities and services available.