Have you heard the latest news? NOW is the best time to build your first home.
With the increased First Home Owners Grant now at $15,000 and a long list of positive changes to the property market, 2017 is the perfect time to get into a home of your own.
See the top reasons why building your first home this year is key!
- Interest rates for home loans are at a record low rate
- House & Land packages are more affordable than ever – starting from only $290,070 for Perth Metro and $221,000 for the South West.
- Home loan deposits are extremely low
- Recent boost in the First Home Owners Grant up to $15,000 for eligible first home buyers
- Changes to Keystart lending criteria have been made, making it more affordable to get into your first home
- Plus, Aussie Living Homes are giving one lucky person the chance to WIN a 20k home deposit!
With all these great reasons, why not find out if you qualify for a home of your own?
Take our Can I Get My Own Home quiz.
2017 is the First Home Buyer year!
In addition to the First Home Owners Grant increase for 12 months from January 1 2017, the Keystart lending criteria has also changed.
The metro income limit for Keystart loans has been increased by $20,000 and also came into effect from the beginning of the year. Income eligibility for the Keystart loan scheme has increased from $70,000 to $90,000 for singles, $95,000 to $115,000 combined income for couples and $115,000 to $135,000 for families. These changes make a massive difference to those wishing to get into a home of their own. Find out more at Keystart Homeloans.
Building your first home comes with a range of perks, including:
- Stamp duty savings. When you build a new home, the government stamp duty only applies to the value of your land, not your home. When it comes to established homes, the stamp duty is calculated on the total value of the property (land & house). This means you could save thousands of dollars by building your first home!
- Building new can cost less. It’s probably not something that comes to mind, but building new can actually cost you less money than buying established. There are a great range of House & Land packages on offer. Just visit our House & Land search page and check out some very affordable packages in a range of stunning locations. Therefore, building your first brand new home can cost much less than buying established.
- It’s your creation. There’s nothing better than coming home to a house that you’ve put a lot of thought and effort into. You’ve chosen the paint colours, the tiles, the carpet, the furnishings, and those decorations that make a house, a home. When you buy established, you’re moving into a house that isn’t your own. You can either leave it the way it is, or… move onto our next point.
- No need to renovate. If you buy an established home and you don’t like particular aspects, it can really get under your skin. You might like everything, except those really ugly terracotta tiles that used to be in fashion. You think, oh well they’re not so bad, but in actual fact, you can’t wait to tear them out!
When you buy your own home, those decisions are all yours, and you can choose something you absolutely love.
- The First Home Owners Grant (as previously mentioned, but – it’s worthy of mentioning twice!) It’s now even more affordable to move into your first home in 2017. With the FHOG increased from $10,000 to $15,000.
Additionally, as highlighted in the infographic below, the property market is moving into recovery, which means NOW is the perfect time to build your first home.
So why wait? Visit Aussie Living Homes today and take our quiz – Can I Get My Own Home, so we can help make your first home building dreams a reality!
Alternatively, give us a call on (08) 9241 4999, we’re always happy to have a chat and answer any queries you may have.